GCSE Exam Results
GCSE Examination Results 2020
Students at Beacon Academy have achieved some thoroughly deserved individual successes in this year’s GCSE examination results.
Headteacher, Ms Anna Robinson, congratulated students on behalf of all of the staff and trustees at Beacon Academy, stating, “I am extremely proud of this inspiring year group and the excellent progress that each of them has made over the past five years with us. Despite the huge disruptions, swathed in so many uncertainties that have been faced nationally by outgoing Year 11 and Year 13 students over the past academic year, our students have remained calm, mature, receptive and resilient - they have all coped so admirably. Collectively and individually they have all done tremendously well - they are all brilliant young people with bright futures ahead of them and I hope that they feel as proud of all that they have achieved as we do of them.
As with our Sixth Form’s A Level results announced last week, today’s outcomes are a reflection of our outgoing Year 11 students’ commitment and hard work over the last five years with us, alongside the immeasurable support from their parents and carers and the unrelenting care and professionalism of our highly skilled and experienced body of staff. They are a testament to everyone’s dedication, utter determination and shared belief in one another, and in the potential of each and every student, combined with our relentless ambition, resilience and desire to succeed and achieve excellence in all we do at Beacon Academy.
Staff at Beacon Academy have worked diligently on behalf of our students to uphold the integrity of the grading process and we are therefore delighted that our students have received the grades that they deserve.
On behalf of all of us at Beacon Academy, I would like to congratulate our 2019-2020 Year 11 cohort on their hard work and well-deserved success. We are immensely proud of the young people that they have become and who they will go on to be.
We are very much looking forward to building on this success with many of our students who are progressing to our Sixth Form in September and wish our students moving on to new ventures all the very best for the future, with a reminder that we will always be here to support and guide them, should they wish, over the next few months and years.”
Special congratulations to the following students, who have achieved the most grades at 8 and above:
- Eleanor Ashlee: eight 9s
- Isabelle Smith: six 9s and three 8s
- Caitlin Beesley: five 9s, a distinction star and three 8s
- Daniel Arthur: five 9s and two 8s
- Daniel Larionov: five 9s and two 8s
- Matthew Halden: four 9s, a distinction star and three 8s
- Oscar Whittle: four 9s and a distinction star
- Jonte Fraser: three 9s and five 8s
- Thomas Hollis: three 9s, a distinction star and two 8s
- Isaac Blakeley: three 9s and four 8s
- Ben Holcombe: two 9s and six 8s
- Katie Noble: two 9s and five 8s
- Darcy Bradbury: two 9s and four 8s
- Kay Newell: two 9s and four 8s
- Eden Morrison: two 9s and three 8s
- Isabelle Street: two 9s and three 8s
Join Beacon Academy Alumni Network
All Beacon Academy students will always be a special part of our history. By keeping in touch as part of our expanding Beacon Academy Alumni network, our leavers could be an important part of our future too. To join this free network, visit https://networks.futurefirst.org.uk/former-student/beaconacademy or read more on our Alumni web page.
Dates for Beacon Academy’s planned autumn open events (subject to COVID-19 guidelines):
- Whole School Open Day: Saturday 2nd October 2020
- Open Morning Tours (Main Site only): Monday 5th – Friday 9th October 2020
- Sixth Form Open Evening: Thursday 8th October 2020