Parent Think Tank
Parent voice is important to us at Beacon Academy. We have a Parent Think Tank, who meet throughout the year to represent the views of all parents, carers and guardians.
The objectives of the Parent Think Tank are:
- To promote communication between the Academy and parents, carers and guardians.
- To provide an opportunity for parents, carers and guardians to share their views.
- To enable Beacon Academy leadership team and Trustees to consult with parents, carers and guardians, in regard to decision making, where appropriate.
- Meetings are chaired by a member of the school Senior Team, where whole school topics are discussed with parents. The school receives valuable feedback from our parents on the Think Tank, giving their perspective on current policy and practice, having an input into decision making and planning for future provision for our students.
Each year group has a parent representative who sits on the Think Tank. For the academic year 2016-17 these parents are:
- Year 7 - Mrs Brown
- Year 8 - Mrs Fry
- Year 9 - Mrs Bates
- Year 10 - Mr Gregory
- Year 11- Mr Close
- Sixth Form - Mrs Richardson
The Think Tank can be contacted via the Deputy Headteacher’s PA by using a dedicated e-mail address: ParentTT@beacon-academy.org