Our Vision and Values
Beacon Academy Motto
‘Ambitious for excellence in all we do’
Beacon Academy Vision
To provide the best possible education for all of our students and to remain an exceptional educational establishment locally, nationally and globally.
We do this by:
- Sustaining and developing our culture that is highly aspirational and ambitious for excellence in all we do.
- Recruiting, retaining and developing exceptional staff and trustees to ensure that teaching and learning inspires and challenges every student, enabling all to make excellent progress.
We achieve this via:
- Our leaders, managers and trustees who focus meticulously on the quality of education provided by pursuing excellence and sustaining a culture that enables students and staff to excel.
- Rigorously focusing on consistently improving outcomes to sustain our local and national position – leaders, managers and trustees are uncompromising in their ambition.
- Our curriculum, that is broad and knowledge rich and that has high academic, vocational and technical ambition for all of our students. As a result they consistently achieve highly and gain the cultural capital that they need to be happy and successful in life.
- Our staff who are supported and developed via a highly effective CPD programme to advance their craft. For teaching staff this centres on developing subject pedagogy to support the delivery of exceptional teaching. Support staff are provided with opportunities to develop their individual roles and careers.
- A relentless focus by all on developing further our culture of unapologetically high standards of personal discipline and highly positive attitudes to learning.
- Our highly effective systems to support the safeguarding and well-being of students and staff; the environment will remain consistently calm, safe and orderly to enable teachers to teach and students to learn.
- Our students who are expected to be committed to their education: they are expected to be hardworking, ambitious, self-motivated, inquisitive, resilient and determined to excel. Furthermore, they are expected to exhibit high levels of self-control and consistently demonstrate manners, acceptance, respect and kindness for others.
Beacon Academy Values
Via our curriculum, including our personal development and enrichment curriculums, we are committed to providing a wide, rich and varied set of opportunities and experiences to develop our students’ character and a strong sense of social and moral responsibility. They will be prepared for future success in education, employment or training and for life in the 21st Century, taking in to account Modern British Values such as individual liberty, democracy, the law, mutual respect and tolerance. We want to promote and champion an inclusive environment that meets the needs of all students irrespective of age, disability, gender identity, including gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Beacon Academy Core Values
Our core values support our motto, vision and values, shape our culture and reflect what we champion and what we want to achieve for our students, our school and the wider community. At Beacon Academy, whether a student, a member of staff, or a trustee, we will all seek to inspire and believe in one another to achieve our ambitions and succeed in life.